Education System in India
The Indian education system is highly similar to that of the anglo saxon countries. The stages are:
Nursery –> primary (class 1 to class 5) –>secondary (class 6 to Class 10) –> Senior Secondary (class 11- Class 12) –> Graduation (Arts & Commerce – 3 years, professional – 4 years, Medical – 5 years,) –> post-graduation (1/2 to 3 years)
The Indian education system is currently mainly comprised of primary education, secondary education, senior secondary education and higher education. Elementary education consists of eight years of education. Secondary education lasts four years and senior secondary education is an additional two years of education.
How to Study in Indian Universities
Figured you should first of all learn of the different degrees and duration offered in Indian universities.
It takes between three and four years to complete an undergraduate degree in India.
Subjects such as arts, commerce and science take three years and topics such as technology, engineering and pharmacy taking four years.
As is the general case at universities across the world, subjects such as law, veterinary science and medicine are likely to take longer.
India follows the Bachelor’s degree structure for undergraduate studies. After completion of their Bachelor’s degree students can decide whether to continue their education with a master.
A credit pass in 5 relevance course(s).
The admission processing is simple. Interested students are to scan the following documents to the website of the institution of their choice along with the following requirements.
- WAEC Certificate / statement of result
- Data page of international passport (if it is available, if not no problem. Admission will be processed)
- Indicate your propose course of study. Also provide your phone no for easy of communication.
Note: Admission processing take 2-3 days. Offer letter will be sent to student. No payment of any fee for admission processing.
- Valid International Passport six-month validity
- Admission Letter
- Authentication of your original results from Federal Ministry of Education & Foreign Affairs Ministry, Abuja.
- NDLA Clearance from the student’s state office. (This usually takes a month)
- Letter of sponsorship supported with Court Affidavit.
- 6 (six) month bank statement supported with Court Affidavit.
- 2 by 2 passport photographs.
- Payment of necessary acceptance fee to the Institution in India.
- Must have five (5) credits in relevant subjects not less than C4 in WAEC or NECO
- Support his/her documents with his sponsor’s ID card or other means of identification
- Payments of visa fee of at the embassy
- Book appointment and obtain date online.
- Living in India and Security
Resumption, Departure and Flight
Nigerian students are to resume between August – September 2017. Students from the Northern Nigeria will take off from Abuja while students from the Southern Nigeria will depart from MMM international Airport Lagos. The University will make arrangement to convey the students from Airport in New Delhi to the campus.
Summary of Admission Process
- Credit in five subjects at WAEC level
- Scanned result
- Admission Offer Letter ready in 3 days
- Apply for NDLA clearance from your state office of NDLA
- Get your result authenticated from Federal Ministry of Education and Foreign Affair Ministry, Abuja
- Get your International Passport
- Book date for visa interview
- Get ready all your Visa supporting documents
- Go for visa interview on the appointed day
- If visa is given, book for your ticket
- Communicate your departure date to the University
- Depart to India and University will pick you at airport
- Important Notes:
IMPORTANT! Applicants Should Kindly Note the Followings;
- Credit in Five Subjects in WAEC. It is a self- help process. Applicant/the parents can start the process kick-start the process and follow it to the end without involving any Agent.
- No need of visiting anybody or any office and no payment of any processing fee to anybody for any assistance.
- Admission is stress-free and no room for scam or fraud.
- Any or all the financial expenses involved in the process could be made by the student/parents without involving anybody.
- Information or any assistance to be provided by the Nigeria contact are to be provided free of charge. WHERE money will be involved students should contact the Institution Director of Admissions for confirmation.
- Authentication of your original results from Federal Ministry of Education & Foreign Affairs Ministry, Abuja and NDLA Clearance from the student’s state office may involve payment of money at such offices. Student are advice to make such payment on their own without given money to anybody.
- At the point of payment of first semester fee, contact the Institution for payment guideline as stated in the Offer Letter.
- Any information required in respect to processing and visa processing, contact the Nigeria Representative but without payment of any money to him EXCEPT directed by the school.
You can visit the university’s website @ www.indianedu.com for more enquiries.